Contractor – eCommerce Frontend Developer + Consultant (Remote Work)
We are seeking a seasoned front-end developer to assist with the process of migrating legacy front-end code to modern responsive approaches (http://m.swimoutlet.com and www.swimoutlet.com). You will collaborate with our development team and design team to ensure the responsive website is done with well-crafted, high-quality and easy to maintain code. You should also evaluate new technology opportunities, such as PWA for mobile.
We are aware of Google’s imminent “mobile-first” index, and its recommendation to migrate to a fully responsive website.
This is a remote contract project.
- Assist the development team with the planning, strategy and execution of a fully responsive website
- Contribute to a modern, responsive front-end component library for use across our entire site
- You will consult on implementation decisions for clean, performant and maintainable code
- Collaborate with the design team to determine what functionality of the current experience can exist with the responsive site
- Encourage and leverage best practices around all front-end technologies
- Focus heavily on performance to ensure a fast-loading user experience
- Evaluate opportunities for PWA with mobile. Also, AMP
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere that strengthens the team
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- 5+ Years in Responsive Web Design Experience (RWD)
- 5+ Years using HTML5 and CSS
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in a remote role
- Some experience in a consulting role
When applying, please explain in your cover letter why you would be the ideal fit for this role. Also, please provide us with examples of projects you have worked on related to migrating a large legacy site to responsive. We look forward to hearing from you!