Category Manager - Triathlon
As the lead Triathlon Buyer / Category Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of buying; from achieving financial goals to maintaining healthy vendor relationships and negotiating favorable terms. The ideal candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills, be adept at forming relationships with various partners inside and outside the company, and show true ownership of the brands he/she is responsible for. This position requires the ability to focus on the details while maintaining focus on the big picture. This person must have the ability to make smart and timely decisions in the absence of perfect information.
- Assortment Planning: developing strategic direction for categories, pricing, branded + private label mix, and seasonal/core selection of inventory for all Triathlon categories. Support Private Label development for assortment gaps/needs
- Vendor Negotiations: discounts, terms, pricing policies, promotional periods, markdown dollars, PO + Vendor compliance and discrepancy management, image use, price-matching, and special/exclusive/off-price buys. Take the lead in closeout purchases as needed for the category. Works with Directors and Planning on long-term vendor planning
- PO Management: marking catalogs, New Product/PO creation (NPIS), Building POs (Qty/Dollar/Style Allocation, Size/Color Breakout), Edit POs, PO Type (at NPIS creation)
- Promotions: brainstorming/hind-sighting promotion concepts and performance, identifying types of promotions and building calendar with marketing. Work closely with Social Media, E-blasts, Expert Articles/Guides, Partnerships and Advertising to provide ideas, seasonal/market relevancy, insight and expertise to fulfill marketing initiatives for all Triathlon-related campaigns. Work closely with Design team and Pick + Fill out e-blasts with Products and campaign specs
- Pricing: Sets Pre-season pricing strategy, sets in-line/in-Season pricing (promo periods, price matching, promotional calendar management), manages end of season price-break dates, communicates all in-season and end of season price breaks to marketing team and is responsible for assignment to the promotional calendar, works with Planning on managing Aged or End of Life Pricing
- Inventory Management: works with Planning to manage the Open to Buy (OTB), SKU/Category performance, establishing Preseason PO Receipt Flow, Preseason inventory allocation, setting in season sell-through targets, pricing strategy for slow movers, moving aged and toxic inventory, manages mark-down dollar requests with vendor, and ensures inventory management strategy aligned with Companywide financial goals
- Online Merchandising: reviews/optimizes color thumbnail displayed on PDP and Search pages, oversees the sort order for responsible brands/categories, manages Backorders, review and optimizes site category schema and filters
- P&L Responsibility: owns revenue, margin, and inventory (turn, receipt flow, inventory levels, in-stock levels) goals
- Team Management: Coaches, manages, and develops Merchandise Assistant and Content Producer
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere that strengthens the team
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3+ years retail buying and or merchandising experience. E-commerce experience highly desired
- Experience buying for active lifestyle products or aquatic related products
- Strong written and interpersonal communication
- Scrappy problem solver with ability to research questions using available resources
- Possess a clear understanding of retail math and financial measurements
- Demonstrated financial management, merchandising, analytical and assortment
- Ability to identify trends in the marketplace and think strategically
- Demonstrate the ability to remain flexible and resourceful in a fast pace, changing environment
- Strong Computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Excel a must
- Positive “roll with it” attitude and a strong work ethic
- Experience in the sporting industry or in-depth sports knowledge in the areas of Triathlon - let us know if you have this background!
When applying, please submit your salary requirements in your cover letter.
The employee is frequently required to sit at a computer; use hands and fingers to type, write; reach with hands and arms for tasks such as keyboarding, opening filing cabinets, and some light lifting as necessary to function in an office environment.
APPLY HERE: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oge2Xfwd&s=AngularJobs